The best value for money, whole pork butchery lesson in the southeast.
What makes us different is that as a group you share and take home all the pork!
To be held at Hammersmith, Brooklands and Newberry colleges Or at home with friends if you have a freezer and table big enough for the meat demonstration. Please see web site for details
- On this very popular course, you will spend the day with a Professional Head chef
- We will initially demonstrate the breaking down of a whole pig of a 50kg
- Our tutors will explain how each part of the pig is used from the bath chap (cheek) to the rolled leg.
- How to choose good pork based on source, appearance and breed.
- The diverse cuts of fresh pork and their culinary uses.
- Simple butchery techniques and knife skills.
- Hand cutting and mincing techniques for sausage, stuffing and tying.
- How to make a terrine
- How to salt cure bacon
- How to stuff and tie a joint for roasting
- Our expert team will then demonstrate and butcher a side of pork.
- Learn a bit about the art of butchery, the origin and anatomy of an animal,
- Pick up some knife skills and you too could become skilled in the art of meat preparation.
- We’ll teach you how to get the best out of your meat once you get it home and throw some helpful cooking tips in along the way.
- Our team will hand out work sheets explain the different cuts of meat and the best way to cook then.
What to do next?
- Tell us how many people are taking part in the lesson.
- Tell us the dates and times when you would like to book your lesson.
- Contact us on the Enquiry Form, giving us all your details.
- We promise to get back to you within 24 hours to discuss arrangements.
- Book your lesson.( Pig 1)
- Make a Payment.
- You can then sit back and look forward to your fantastic day!
- Dont forget to bring a cool bag for the pork.
- Please click here for enquiries
- Our pork masterclass will consist of 12 people per pig.
- The class will be from 10-2 pm
Price from £135.00 pp