Using a kitchen knife is a skill in its own right and can make or break a meal
There is something spellbinding about watching a seasoned chef slice carrots at breakneck speed: the glint of steel, the row upon row of orange segments in perfect alignment like a concertina, swooshing as they slide off the blade. As I expected, and the best thing I’ve taken away from this class – aside from 10 intact digits and more ways to slice a carrot that I ever thought possible – is the confidence that, with guidance and practice, we can all bring a slice of precision into our own kitchens.
We will demonstrate and explain how to use a variety of chefs knives and how they are safely used and kept. There will be an opportunity for you to do this yourself, which will enhance your skills and increase you confidence. By selecting the correct knife for the job, your cooking can become far more effective and enjoyable.
- We will together make a classic Minestrone soup. Then you will know your Macédoine from your Julienne!
- We will then prepare a fresh organic chicken by preparing for classic dishes.
- Lastly, we will show you how to descale and fillet a whole fresh fish.
Interested? What to do next?
- Contact us on the Enquiry Form, giving us all your details
- Tell us how many people are taking part in the lesson
- Tell us the dates and times when you would like to book your lesson
- We promise to get back to you within 24 hours to discuss arrangements
- We can then provide you with a full quotation
- Book your lesson
- Make a payment
Then you can sit back and look forward to your fantastic day
- Your home kitchen
Duration: Half day
Requirement: Basic cookery experience
Cost from: £80 pp
Cost from: £80 pp
1 person: from £140
2 people: £200 (£100pp)
3 people: £260 (£80pp)
4 people: £320 (£80pp)