Japanese people are more likely to reach 100 years old than any one else in the world, a fact that some researchers attribute to their diet. So, are they right – and is eating tofu and squid the place to start? Can you eat your way to a century? I am not referring to test cricketers, I’m talking about the Japanese diet, , usually traditional, ways of eating that have been credited with keeping an improbable proportion of their populations alive beyond the age of 100.
Reasons to eat Japanese food
- Low Cholesterol
- High omega 3
- High in take of soya
- High in take of rice
- Less cancer
- High intake of sea weed
We will start the day by meeting and going to the Asian supermarket in Reading to have a guided tour around. Then on to our to the cookery lesson. On this Japanese culinary adventure we will the learn the difference between your soba and urdon noodles. Then we will construct the perfect ramen stock with fresh favours galore. Heaven in a bowl. Then we will add fillet of beef or duck to our bowl and build the rest Then we will move to the Peranakan culture, which is a merger of Chinese and Malay elements found in Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore. Perfect for you if… … you enjoy Asian food and want to learn how to make some delicious fusion dishes to entertain and impress friend and colleagues at home.
Interested? What to do next?
- Contact us on the Enquiry Form, giving us all your details
- Tell us how many people are taking part in the lesson
- Tell us the dates and times when you would like to book your lesson
- We will price your lesson based upon the dishes you have chosen and then we will provide you with a full quotation
- Book your lesson – make a payment
- We promise to get back to you within 24 hours to discuss arrangements
You can then sit back and look forward to your fantastic day
- your home kitchen
Duration: 3 – 4 hours Requirement: Basic cookery experience