The return of retro recipes
Recipes from bygone eras are making a comeback, featuring in programmes such as The Great British Bake Off. But why?
“Styles of cooking from the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s keep on returning as “what goes around comes around, just as in music, fashion and art”.
Whether you’re a beginner, a home cake maker or a pastry chef there’s a course to suit you, from covering a cake with icing to creating chocolates like the professionals. Each lesson is taught by a college lecturer in the industry who share their expert knowledge and experience, giving you the skills and confidence to take your interest to the next level.
Below is a small selection of sample of retro desserts
Anglais based Bavarois , Langues de chat, Apple cake, Lemon meringue pie,Lemon possett, Mince pies, Banana cake, Biscotti, Palmiers biscuits, Brandy snaps, Pavlova, Bread & Butter Pudding, Pizza, Bread rolls, Poached pea, Bun dough, Puff pastry, Caramel sauce, Sauce Anglais, Chelsea buns, Scones, Chantilly cream, Shortbread, Chocolate Brownies, (Dutch biscuits, Chocolate sauce, Shortcrust, Chocolate tart, Sour dough Bread
Interested? What to do next?
Will last for 4 hours covering two dishes of your choice
Each student will be given a recipe pack covering the Dessert lesson.
- Contact us on the Enquiry Form, giving us all your details
- Tell us how many people are taking part in the lesson
- Tell us the dates and times when you would like to book your lesson
- We will price your lesson based upon the dishes you have chosen and then we will provide you with a full quotation
- Book your lesson – make a payment
- We promise to get back to you within 48 hours to discuss arrangements
You can then sit back and look forward to your fantastic day
- your home kitchen
Prices start from £80 pp