The Urban chefs have teamed up with the Old Bakehouse in Basing, Basingstoke to hold baking lessons during the week and on a Sunday. Under the guidance of a Chef Lecturer, we will discover how to bake in professional bakery ovens with a range of flour types, and with both conventional and wild yeast. Throughout this hands-on specialist course, you will learn the importance of ingredients and explore the journey from flour to the finished product.
Then we will get our hands dirty.
We will then create a selection of breads, including three of the following:
- White Bread – Levain de Campagne
- Wholemeal Bread – Multigrain Sunflower Bread
- Malt House Bread – Italian Bread
- Ciabatta – Dark Rye
- Sour-dough – Italian Bread
- Chelsea Buns and pizza
Create your own bespoke flavours. Smoked bacon and onion, dill and lemon, smoked paprika or tapinard bread
Interested? What to do next?
- Contact us on the Enquiry Form, giving us all your details
- Tell us how many people are taking part in the lesson
- Tell us the dates and times when you would like to book your lesson
- We promise to get back to you within 48 hours to discuss arrangements
- We can then provide you with a full quotation
- Book your lesson
- Make a payment
Then you can sit back and look forward to your fantastic lesson
- The Old Bake House, Basing, Basingstoke
- The bakery will hold 16-20 people
Duration: Half day Requirement: no cookery experience needed
Ideal for friends and family, hen or stag parties
Price From : £60 pp. (min 6 people) as a group